Financial Aid Student Equity Book Grant Referral Program
The Financial Aid Student Equity Book Grant Referral Program (SEBG) assists in the purchase of textbooks for students who are identified as disproportionately impacted (2014 Cuyamaca Student Equity Plan). This is a grant and will be counted as part of the student’s financial aid award and the recipient will not be required to pay back the funds if used as outlined below. The maximum amount per grant is $300.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Student must be enrolled in 6 or more units at Cuyamaca College.
- Student must be referred by a Cuyamaca College Faculty, Staff, or Administrator.
- Student must be part of one of the groups of students identified in the Cuyamaca Student Equity Plan.
- Student must have a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Cuyamaca.
Student’s Responsibilities and Understanding of the Program
By applying for this grant, the student understands:
- The decision to be awarded or not is final and there is no appeal process.
- Awards are pending funding and not guaranteed.
- The recipient must be taking courses required for their major or educational objective.
- The items purchased with this grant are required for the recipient’s courses only. If the recipient purchases items for another student, the recipient will be required to pay back the college the amount used and will no longer be eligible for this program. A hold will be placed on the recipient’s college records until the funds are paid back in full.
- All recipients will be required to take and pass a financial literacy counseling series administered through the Cuyamaca College Financial Aid Office. If the recipient does not take or pass the financial literacy counseling series, the recipient will not be eligible for this grant again.
- Only one grant per student per semester allowed.
Cuyamaca Faculty/Staff/Administrator meets with student to discuss situation regarding textbooks and reviews the above Student’s Responsibilities and Understanding of the Program section together.
- Complete Section I (Student) and Section II (Cuyamaca Faculty/Staff/Administrator).
- Cuyamaca Faculty/Staff/Administrator e-mails completed application to:
Ray Reyes, Cuyamaca Financial Aid & Scholarships Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc’s student.
Enter SEBG REFERRAL, <student’s last name>,<first initial> in the Subject Line. Example: SEBG REFERRAL, REYES,R
Applications will be processed daily and will continue until the funds are exhausted. Priority funding will go towards UP! and FYE students. All applicants will be notified of the decision via email. If approved, the email will provide instructions on how to use the grant in the Bookstore starting the following day and information about the financial literacy counseling series the student is required to take and pass.
If you have questions about the program, please email email@example.com.
Click here for the application.
Last Updated: 08/22/2016