Skip to contentSkip to Main Site NavigationSkip to Site Left NavigationSkip to Site Utility NavigationSkip to Site SearchSkip to FooterDownload Adobe Reader
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Home » Student Services » Financial Aid & Scholarships » Federal / State Grants

Federal/State Grants


Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is available for undergraduate study until you receive your first bachelor's degree. Federal Pell Grants range from $600 to $5920 per academic year depending upon your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) (as determined by the federal government), your cost of attendance, and your enrollment status.

Undergraduate students who have submitted a valid Student Aid Report (SAR) may qualify for the Federal Pell Grant. Within two weeks after filing your application, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Federal Pell Grant processing center. Follow the directions on the first page of your SAR, or submit the SAR to the Financial Aid Office for review.

This form allows us to determine the amount of your award and authorizes us to disburse your Federal Pell Grant after you enroll. Cuyamaca College must be listed as one of the schools on your SAR. There are three ways to add Cuyamaca College to your SAR: 1) Call (800) 433-3243 and request to add Cuyamaca College to your SAR (you will need our Title IV Code: 014435), 2) submit all three parts of the SAR to the Cuyamaca College Financial Aid Office to be requested electronically or 3.) make corrections to your online application at and add the Cuyamaca College school code. (014435)

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

SEOG is a federal grant program for undergraduate students who have "exceptional need," and have not received a bachelor's degree. First priority will be given to students enrolled full-time who receive a Federal Pell Grant and demonstrate exceptional need.


Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS)

EOPS is a state funded program designed primarily for the orientation, recruitment and retention of California residents who are considered educationally disadvantaged (as determined by EOPS), have not completed more than 70 units of degree applicable coursework, are enrolled full-time and qualify for the Board of Governor's Grant, method A or B. For more information please visit the EOPS webpage.

Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)

CARE is a state funded program designed to recruit and assist single parent recipients of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, (TANF), or Cal Works who would like to attend college and are EOPS eligible. CARE provides support services and/or grant funds to enable academic success and to assist students in attaining their career and vocational goals. For more information please visit the CARE website.

Chafee Grant

The California Chafee Grant Program is available for current or former foster youth to use for career and technical training or college courses. The maximum grant amount is $5000 per year. Students must be enrolled in six or more units each semester to be eligible for the Chafee Grant. For questions regarding eligibility please contact Pam Fleming in the Financial Aid Office at 619-660-4291/ , or Veronica Castillo in the EOPS Office at 619-660-4689/ , or go to

Cal Grants

Cal Grants are administrated by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) for California residents who demonstrate financial need, meet the program and academic requirements, and apply on time. Starting with the 2000-2001 graduating class, every high school senior who meets the program and academic requirements (at least a 3.0 grade point average for Cal Grant A; at least a 2.0 grade point average for Cal Grant B), falls within the family income and asset ceilings, and applies on time will receive a Cal Grant A or B Entitlement award. To apply for this program, submit a FAFSA and GPA Verification Form postmarked by March 2 each year. NOTE: Second Chance for Community College Students; Community College Students have until September 2 each year to apply for a Cal Grant A or B Competitive award. For more Cal Grant information on the Internet visit the Cal Grant web page.

Cal Grant A

Cal Grants A is an entitlement or a competitive grant administered by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). It is targeted toward students with high GPAs and moderate income. This grant pays for tuition at tuition charging institutions. Students are not eligible to receive funding while enrolled at community colleges. Community college students have their grants put on "community college reserve" for up to three years. Once the students transfer to a tuition charging institution their grant will be activated.

Cal Grant B

Cal Grant B is an entitlement or a competitive grant. It provides a living allowance for low-income students and tuition payment for students' second through fourth year of study at tuition charging institutions. For the current academic year maximum amount for living allowance see the Californian Student Aid Commissions website for Cal Grant information.

Cal Grant C

Cal Grant C is a competitive grant for vocational students who are enrolled in programs from nine months to two years in length. For the current academic year maximum amount for a book stipend see the Californian Student Aid Commissions website for Cal Grant information.

Full Time Student Success Grant (FSSG)

A grant program specifically aimed at Cal Grant B recipients who are attending full time. Approximate yearly amount is $1000.  This Program is funded by the State of California and administered by the State's Chancellor's Office.

Community College Completion Grant (CCCG)

The Community College Completion grant is a state financial aid program available for Cal Grant B or Cal Grant C recipients attending a California Community college to encourage accelerated completion of the student’s educational goal by encouraging extended full time enrollment (15 units or more) per semester. Approximate yearly amount is $1500. The program is funded by the State of California and administered by the State Chancellor’s Office.

* Cuyamaca College Financial Aid Office does not guarantee the accuracy of translated text through Google Translate. If the information you are translating is not clear, please return to the home page of Cuyamaca College Financial Aid & Scholarships, click "Contact Us," and call for assistance, or email your question to the appropriate Advisor. Cuyamaca College Financial Aid Office disclaims and will not accept any liability for any problems caused by the use of the Google Translate feature.  back to top

Last Updated: 04/05/2019
  • Grossmont
  • Cuyamaca
A Member of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District