DSPS Test Proctor
Test Proctoring services provides additional time on tests, distraction free environment, low stress, and other test related accommodations.
Test Proctor: Roberta Gottfried
Location: C - 114
Email: Roberta Gottfried
Test Proctor Hours: Spring 2017
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
How to Register for Test Proctoring
Instruction for Students
- Bring your current Academic Accommodation Form to the Test Proctor in the DSPS High Tech Center, Room C-114.
- The Test Proctor will complete a Blue DSPS Exam Accommodation Form for each class. The form is only valid for the current semester. Take the form to your instructor, who will complete the bottom section, sign it, and return it to you. The student must return the signed form to the Test Proctor within 5 days.
- The signed Exam Accommodation Form must be on file with the Test Proctor before test appointments are scheduled.
- TEST APPOINTMENTS MUST BE SCHEDULED 5 WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE: come by the Test Proctoring Office in C-114; or call the Test Proctor at (619) 660-4577; or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring all supplies that are allowed by your instructor, such as scantrons, pencils, pens, calculators, blue books and scratch paper. DSPS does not provide any supplies.
- Be on time for your appointment. If you are unable to keep your appointment or will be late, call the Test Proctor at (619) 660-4577.
- If you miss two test appointments, testing services will be suspended until you meet with the DSPS Coordinator.
Text version of "How to Register for Test Proctoring"
Steps to Test Proctoring for Faculty
Instructions for Faculty - Test Proctoring Guidelines
Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSPS) provides test proctoring accommodations for students with documented disabilities, as specified in the California Community Colleges Title VI regulations.
Your student has requested the accommodations shown on the attached Exam Accommodations Form. Please follow the instructions below. For questions, call the Test Proctor at 660-4577.
- Complete and sign the Test Proctoring form. This is the only form necessary for the semester. Return the signed blue form to the student who is responsible for taking it to the Test Proctor. The form is valid for all exams & quizzes for the current semester. Only one form is needed per class. Students cannot schedule tests without a signed Exam Accommodations Form.
- Test Scheduling: Students must schedule a test appointment five working days before the test date and 10 days before finals. Tests cannot be taken without an appointment.
- When to send tests: Test requests are normally sent to instructors by email five days before the test. If you prefer written notices, please inform the Test Proctor. Exams should be emailed or delivered to the Test Proctor three (3) days before the scheduled test date to avoid delays or rescheduling because the test was not received. Tests are kept in a secure, safe location.
- How to send tests:
- Email to Roberta.Gottfried@gcccd.edu or drop off in the black mailbox in the High Tech Center, Room C - 114. Be sure to include instructions.
- "Test Proctor" box in the mailroom
- Student are not permitted to carry tests.
- Special Instructions: if you change test instructions or dates, please note the change on the test request form or email to Roberta.Gottfried@gcccd.edu. Verbal changes or instructions delivered by students are not accepted.
- Completed tests: When the student are finished testing, the test is sealed in a confidential envelope and placed in your mailbox on the same day. We do not keep tests in our office.
Last Updated: 01/24/2017