Pages within Teaching Online
||Advice on Setting Up Groups in Bb
- Define the groups in the Control Panel's "Manage Groups"
- Give each group a distinctive name (corresponding to the content of your course) and be very clear and detailed on the assignment task, how they are to proceed and collaborate
- Choose different options for student interaction (Db, email, file exchange)
- Add students to each group (4 - 15 is a good amount depending on the activity) and have a plan in case students drop out
- Depending on the assignment and it is best that the instructor choose and divide students into groups because allowing them to self-group can become a mess. Another option is to have a sign-up sheet for various topics - signup based on interests
- Give group role options (leader, researcher, designer, programmer, writer) depending on the assignment - especially designate a leader who will be the moderator and report to the instructor
- Specify how grading will operate (individual grades, a group grade, or the recommended combination of the two)
Last Updated: 09/18/2014
PLEASE NOTE: This link will take to a website outside of the college site.