Pages within Teaching Online
Your Own End-of-Course Evaluations
- Surveys should always be anonymous and students should be assured of this. You can include that you will not look at the results until after final grades have been submitted.
- Ask for feedback and suggestions in your form. Always be sure to caution students to separate online learning in general from this particular course and from this instructor.
- Consider a mid-term as well as an end-of-term evaluation (especially if your course is new).
- Use more than just evaluations to rate parts of your course. Look at student behavior throughout your course (login patterns, discussion frequency, pages visited) - Bb's Dashboard tool can be useful here.
- You create an anonymous Db thread for this. But, beware - this is available for all students to see and this could become a "feeding frenzy" for disgruntled students.
- Include both survey (Likert scale) questions and "open-ended" questions asking for suggestions and what they did or did not like about the course.
Last Updated: 09/18/2014
PLEASE NOTE: This link will take to a website outside of the college site.