Expand All | Collapse All
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary loan is a national lending system through which library
users may order books from other libraries in the United States.
How do I order materials through Interlibrary Loan?
Please follow the steps below before you fill out the Interlibrary Loan Form. Note: you will need to go to other websites in order to complete these steps. Once you have obtained all of the necessary information, please open up the Interlibrary Loan Form and conclude the process.
1. Make sure the Cuyamaca Library does not own the item in question by looking it up in the Cuyamaca Library Catalog.
2. Locate a citation for the item through the Grossmont Library Catalog, the San Diego State Library Catalog, Worldcat, Amazon, or a similar site. Note: items available in the Grossmont Library or the San Diego State Library will arrive in two business days. It is worth checking those libraries for availability first.
3. Enter your citation into the following form to order materials from other libraries around the country: Interlibrary Loan Form
Interlibrary Loan Form
Enter your citation into the following form to order materials from other libraries around the country: Interlibrary Loan Form
What can I borrow through Interlibrary Loan?
Books and periodical articles.
What is not available through Interlibrary Loan?
- Materials owned by the Cuyamaca Library
- Most textbooks for current classes
- Whole issues or volumes of journals
- Maps and atlases
- Software and CD-ROMs
- Rare, fragile, and special collection books
- Reference books
- Videos and DVDs
- Sound recordings
Who is eligible to borrow materials through Interlibrary Loan?
Current students, faculty, and staff of Cuyamaca College may use Interlibrary Loan through the Cuyamaca Library. Community members must work with their public library to use Interlibrary Loan.
How much does it cost?
The Cuyamaca Library does not charge a fee for Interlibrary Loan books, but occasionally some lenders do. In this rare event, you would be charged that lending fee when you checked out the item.
Periodical articles ordered through Interlibrary loan cost 15 cents a page.
How long does it take?
Materials available in the San Diego State Library or the Grossmont Library will generally arrive in two business days. Materials ordered from other libraries will take longer to arrive.
May I renew Interlibrary Loan materials?
This will depend on the lending library. Some libraries allow renewals, and some do not. Please visit the circulation desk to determine if your item can be renewed.
What are the fines for overdue materials?
Overdue fines on Interlibrary Loan materials are $3.00 per item per day.
Where do I pick up my Interlibrary Loan items?
Pick up all Interlibrary Loan materials at the circulation desk in the Cuyamaca Library.
What are my responsibilities?
You are liable for lost or damaged material. In this event, the lending library will determine any pertinent fees.